Sophos for Virtual Environments comprises of two components, the Security Virtual Machine and a thin agent on the Guest Virtual Machine. For VMware vSphere deployments, Sophos for Virtual Environments does not use or require the NSX Guest Introspection agent or NSX Manager appliance. Please find below the supported platforms for both of these components:
Security Virtual Machine
- ESXi 5.5
- ESXi 6.0
- ESXi 6.5
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012/R2
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 (Coming soon)
Note: Hyper-V servers are supported in both standalone and server-role configurations.
Guest Virtual Machine Agent
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2012/R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 7 SP1 Professional
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10 (including Windows 10 Anniversary)
You can find a complete list of specifications at this knowledgebase article.