The State of Ransomware 2022
Discover the latest developments in attacks, encrypted data, and ransoms
This year’s annual report reveals how ransomware attacks have evolved over the last 12 months. Discover the current rate of attack, how often data is encrypted, and how much data can be restored. Plus, we reveal the changing realities of ransom payments for mid-sized organizations around the globe.
Compare your ransomware experiences with those of 5,600 IT professionals across the globe
5,600 IT professionals from 31 countries responded to this year’s report, revealing fresh insights into the impact and cost of a ransomware attack. They also exposed how the experience of securing cyber insurance has changed over the last year, and how often insurers pay out in the event of a ransomware attack.
In this report you’ll learn:
- How the rate of ransomware attacks has changed over the last year
- The different methods used to recover encrypted data
- The average ransom payment over the last year for mid-sized organizations
- The wider organizational impact of a ransomware attack
- How often cyber insurance providers pay the ransom
The cost of ransomware
Discover how ransom payments and overall recovery costs have changed.
The role of cyber insurance
Discover who has coverage, and how often it pays out.
The impact of ransomware
Explore the wider business repercussions of an attack.