Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
The first EDR designed for security analysts and IT administrators
Built for IT Security Operations and Threat Hunting
Leverage endpoint, server, firewall and other data sources
Add Expertise Not Headcount
30 days of cloud storage and 90 days on-disk data retention
EDR Starts With the Strongest Protection
Invest in a security ecosystem
Ask any question about what has happened in the past – and what is happening now.
Sophos EDR gives you the tools to ask detailed questions when hunting down threats and strengthening your IT security operations posture.
You get access to powerful, out-of-the-box, customizable SQL queries that access up to 90-days of endpoint and server data, giving you the information you need to make informed decisions.
Example questions include:
- Why is a machine running slowly? Is it pending a reboot?
- Which devices have known vulnerabilities, unknown services or unauthorized browser extensions?
- Are there programs running on the machine that should be removed?
- Are processes trying to make a network connection on non-standard ports?
- Have any processes had files or registry keys modified recently?
Remotely Respond with Precision
With Intercept X it is easy to take action even if the device requiring attention is not physically present. From the same cloud management console you can remotely access devices in order to perform further investigation, install and uninstall software, or remediate any additional issues.
Using a command line tool you can:
- Re-boot devices
- Terminate active processes
- Run scripts or programs
- Edit configuration files
- Install/uninstall software
- Run forensic tools
Add expertise, not headcount
Investigating suspicious activity can be complex and time intensive. Other EDR tools often require dedicated headcount or their own internal security operations center (SOC). Sophos makes EDR simple to use without sacrificing the ability to perform powerful analysis.
- Ask detailed questions to hunt threats and uncover IT operations issues
- Out-of-the-box, fully customizable SQL queries
- Up to 90 days fast access to current and historical on-disk data
- Respond with precision using a command line tool
- Remotely access devices to perform further investigation, install and uninstall software, or remediate any additional issues
- Automated expertise to replicate the roles of hard-to-find security analysts
- On-demand threat intelligence curated by SophosLabs
- Reverse engineer files with machine learning-based malware analysis
EDR That's Built on the Strongest Protection
Other EDR tools are weak at protection. These tools force users to waste time on incidents that should have been stopped in the first place. Sophos takes a different approach to EDR. We combine EDR with the industry’s best endpoint and server protection. Together, they block the vast majority of threats before they need manual investigation. This leads to a lighter workload and less noise, so you can focus on the greatest potential threats.
Stop Unknown Threats
Deep learning technology is an advanced form of machine learning, detecting malware even when it has never been seen before
Don’t Get Held for Ransom
Anti-ransomware protection stops ransomware from encrypting your files and rolls them back to a safe state
Exploit techniques are commonly used to break into organizations. Intercept X uses exploit prevention to stop these dangerous attacks
Stop real-world hacking techniques used for credential harvesting, lateral movement, and privilege escalation
Managed Detection and Response
Proactive 24/7 hunting by our elite team of threat analysts. Determine the potential impact and context of threats to your business.
Initiates actions to remotely disrupt, contain, and neutralize threats on your behalf to stop even the most sophisticated threats
Get actionable advice for addressing the root cause of recurring incidents to stop them for occurring again
Extended Detection and Response (XDR)
Sophos XDR goes beyond the endpoint pulling in rich network, email, cloud*, and mobile* data sources to give you an even broader picture of your cybersecurity posture. You can quickly shift from a holistic view down into granular detail. For example:
- Cross reference indicators of comprise from multiple data sources to quickly identify, pinpoint and neutralize a threat
- Use ATP and IPS events from the firewall to investigate suspect hosts and identify unprotected devices across your estate
- Understand office network issues and which application is causing them
- Identify unmanaged, guest and IoT devices across your organization’s environment
Multi-platform, Multi-OS Support
Sophos EDR gives you the tools you need for advanced threat hunting and IT security operations hygiene. Inspect your endpoints and servers, both on-premises and in the cloud across Windows, MacOS*, and Linux operating systems.
As part of Intercept X and Intercept X for Server you also get access to advanced protection against the latest, never-seen-before threats, ransomware and fileless, memory-based attacks.
|Intercept X Advanced||Intercept X Advanced with XDR|
|IT security operations hygiene
|Guided threat hunting
(inc. app control, behavioral detection and more)
(inc. deep learning, anti-ransomware, fileless attack protection and more)
|Server specific functionality
(inc. whitelisting, file integrity monitoring and more)
Try Intercept XTry Intercept X for Server
*Mac support coming soon