Sophos Mobile Security protects your Android device without compromising performance or battery life. Real-time synchronization with SophosLabs ensures that your mobile device is always protected from the latest malware and online threats – just like with our enterprise products.
Specifically designed for Android, Sophos Mobile Security identifies malicious or potentially unwanted applications that could result in for example data theft, data loss, and excessive network usage costs. If your device is lost or stolen, a remote lock or wipe will shield your personal information from prying eyes.
For an added level of security for your online accounts, the Authenticator makes it easy to manage multi-factor authentication passwords for a multitude of sites like Google, Amazon, and Facebook. The Secure QR Code Scanner will check target URLs for online threats and malicious content, letting you scan QR codes without risk.
Read the reviews to see what users have to say about Sophos Mobile Security.
Anti-malware and antivirus protection
- Scans apps when you install them
- Scans previously installed apps both on your device and on storage devices
- Scans apps either on demand or in set intervals
- Shows you potentially unwanted apps (PUAs)
- Protects you from malicious use of USSDs
- Uses up-to-the-minute threat intelligence from the cloud
Loss and theft protection
- Send text commands from pre-defined phone numbers to perform various tasks
- Remote lock or wipe a lost or stolen Android device
- Trigger a remote alarm to make your phone ring loudly
- Display a message for the finder
- Reset your device passcode
- Locate your device with tracking technology (the device also sends its last location before the battery runs out)
- Informs you of a SIM change
- Filters incoming text messages (SMS) according to your rules
- Places texts with malicious URLs in quarantine
- Blocks unwanted calls according to the filters you set, e.g., calls with hidden user ID
Privacy protection and security
- Detects apps accessing personal data such as your address book
- Allows you to easily identify apps which can involve costs or fees
- Gives you advice on how to improve your security settings
- Generate both time-based TOTP (RFC 6238) or counter-based HOTP (RFC 4226) one-time passwords
- Use with any Google Authenticator-enabled application for multi-factor authentication
- Manage multiple accounts from the same screen
Secure QR Code Scanner
- Confirms target URLs are free of malicious content before opening
- Flags security issues with Wi-Fi settings QR codes
- Safely add QR code signatures to device contacts
Download our free Sophos Mobile Security app from Google Play.
Sophos Mobile Security is also available as an enterprise version you can manage through our Mobile Control EMM solution or through Sophos Central. For more information, go to the Sophos Mobile Control or Sophos Central pages.