Industry 4.0 is all set to transform the manufacturing industry by giving way to “smart factories.” Sophos’ layered security and powerful protection capabilities address the cybersecurity challenges in manufacturing to ensure uninterrupted operations and accelerate value creation through processes of digital transformation, IT/OT convergence, and the likes.
Secure access to critical systems and data
Secure Sensitive Data
Secure sensitive data wherever it is held
- Secure data on endpoints – Sophos Intercept X with XDR secures your data on Windows, Mac, and virtual machines. Manufacturing data-specific data loss protection rules provide stronger protection and automatic response to incidents.
- Server-specific data protection – Sophos Intercept X for Server provides server-specific protection for on-premises, virtual, and multi-cloud environments. It stops advanced attacks and enables you to quickly identify and address suspicious activity.
- Prevent attacks from reaching your data – Sophos Firewall uses AI-powered threat detection technology to prevent attacks reaching your sensitive data, and other parts of your ecosystem.
- Stop data breaches – Sophos Email encrypts sensitive data, stopping both accidental and malicious data breaches.
- Protect data in lost or stolen devices – Sophos Encryption provides a quick, easy way to ensure Windows and macOS devices are safely encrypted, protecting your data and proving compliance if they’re lost or stolen.
Zero Trust Network Access
Zero trust network access
Manufacturers need to adopt a zero-trust approach of trust nothing; verify everything to secure access to their most critical infrastructure and proprietary information. Sophos’ Zero Trust Network Access continuously validates user identity, device health, and compliance before granting access to applications and data.
Prevent Lateral Movement
Prevent lateral movement
Enable an automated and coordinated response to isolate threats and prevent lateral movement with Sophos’ Synchronized Security feature linking Sophos-managed endpoints with Sophos Firewall. Whether a threat is first detected at your firewall, an endpoint, or server, they all leap into action and work together to provide an automatic response with dynamic firewall rules and lateral movement protection isolating a compromised host to prevent spread, hacker communication, or data loss.
User-based access and controls
User awareness across all areas of the firewall enables user-based policy controls over applications, websites, traffic shaping (QoS), and other network resources regardless of IP address, location, network or device.
User risk visibility
Sophos User Threat Quotient (UTQ) provides actionable intelligence on user behavior with insights into who the riskiest users and applications are to ensure that proper policies are enforced before a security mishap occurs.
Data loss prevention
Protect sensitive data from accidental or malicious disclosure by users with complete policy control over web categories, applications, removable media, and mobile devices.
Reduce the attack surface
- Get complete visibility and insight into all your network traffic, whether it’s encrypted, evasive, or elusive. An unidentified app traffic on the network activates Sophos Synchronized Application Control. As a result, a new application is automatically classified, allowing complete control by policy to block, throttle, or prioritize it.
- Identify top risky users based on their recent web activity, and threat and infection history so you can take appropriate action. A user’s risk score can be an indication of unintentional actions due to a lack of security awareness or the sign of a rogue or negligent user.
- Get protection against latest advanced threats with Sophos Firewall that leverages our industry-leading machine learning technology to instantly identify the latest ransomware and unknown threats before they get on your network.
Protect against advanced malware and threats
- Intelligent threat protection with Sophos Intercept X with XDR automatically detects, prioritizes, and investigates threats using artificial intelligence.
- Dedicated team of response experts at Sophos Managed Detection and Response (MDR) provide 24/7 protection, hunting and stopping advanced human-led attacks before they can affect you.
- Get emergency support during active threats even if you’re not a Sophos customer. Our team will help you get an attack under control quickly to protect your networks, applications, and data, as well as mitigate damage and disruption.
- See the full cybersecurity picture with Sophos Extended Detection and Response (XDR). It integrates multiple data sources to give you a holistic view of your organization’s cybersecurity environment with the ability to drill down into granular detail when needed.
- Get protection that constantly learns and improves with Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem (ACE). It enables Sophos products to work together and respond automatically to threats, stopping and cleaning up threats in just seconds.
Sophos Intercept X with XDR
Comprehensive defense in depth against threats that get in via third-party suppliers using AI, exploit prevention, behavioral protection, anti-ransomware and more. Plus, powerful XDR functionality enables you to automatically identify suspicious activity, prioritize threat indicators, and quickly search for potential threats across your endpoint and servers.
Sophos Managed Detection and Response (MDR)
Get expert threat hunting and remediation as a fully-managed service. Sophos specialists work around the clock to proactively hunt for, validate, and remediate potential supply chain threats and incidents on your behalf.
Sophos Zero Trust Network Access
Safeguard against supply chain attacks that rely on supplier access to your systems via very granular access controls. This cloud-delivered solution validates user identity, and device health and compliance before granting access to resources. It authenticates requests from trusted partners, irrespective of the location.
Secure legacy technology
Legacy or unpatched manufacturing control systems and processes need protection from known vulnerabilities. These devices often run out-of-date operating systems or browsers that can’t be updated because they are no longer supported – yet they need to be connected to the network. Sophos Firewall and SD-RED (remote ethernet device) can help here. By putting a SD-RED in front of the exposed device, it can tunnel all traffic to a protective Sophos Firewall for scanning. If your network is very flat, you will likely need to make a few small changes to IP address schemes and possible switch topology – and our technical specialists can discuss your particular situation and advise how to do this.
Ensure secure access to cloud resources from any device, anywhere
Sophos Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) constantly verifies the user, typically with multi-factor authentication and an identity provider, and validates health and compliance of the device for users to securely connect to corporate resources from any location. It elevates protection and minimizes the risk of lateral movement within the network by continually assessing identity and device health before allowing access.
Achieve visibility, control and compliance in the cloud
Sophos Cloud Optix is Sophos’ Cloud Security Posture Management solution. It provides multi-cloud visibility that offers detailed cloud resource inventory, including servers, containers, storage, network and IAM for AWS, Azure, and GCP. It continuously monitors compliance with out-of-the-box templates, custom policies, and collaboration tools; and analyzes configurations for security risks and over-privileged IAM access.