Train Your Organization
Attackers know it only takes one individual to let down their guard for them to get into your organization.
Our anti-ransomware educational toolkit for IT managers gives you free resources to train your users on ransomware, including an organizational checklist, security awareness posters, and an educational video for employees.
Think You Know Ransomware?
A gripping documentary that delves into the alarming realities of ransomware, revealing the far-reaching consequences that affect both business owners and society at large.
Apply Best Practices
Follow these top tips to minimize your risk of attack:
- Use multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Use complex passwords
- Limit access rights; give user accounts and administrators only the access rights they need and nothing more
- Make regular backups, and keep them offsite and offline where attackers can’t find
- Patch early and patch often. Ransomware like WannaCry and NotPetya relied on unpatched vulnerabilities to spread around the globe
- Lock down your RDP. Turn off RDP if you don’t need it, and use rate limiting, 2FA, or a VPN if you do
- Ensure tamper protection is enabled – Ryuk and other ransomware strains attempt to disable your endpoint protection
See Why Customers Choose Sophos for Ransomware Protection