Rootkit scanning, detection, and removal
Our free Virus Removal Tool scans, detects, and removes any rootkit hidden on your computer using advanced rootkit detection technology.
Rootkits can lie hidden on computers, remaining undetected by antivirus software. Although new rootkits can be prevented from infecting the system, any rootkits present before your antivirus was installed may never be revealed.
Easy to use
Sophos Virus Removal Tool scans your computer and lets you safely and reliably detect and remove any rootkit that may have hidden itself on your system.
- Download the tool, run the program, and put the Virus Removal Tool on your desktop
- Double click Sophos Virus Removal Tool and then click the "Start Scanning" button
- The tool scans your computer, removing any viruses it finds
- You’re done
What it does
With more than 100-million global users, our Sophos Virus Removal Tool includes the same great security features available in our Sophos Enduser Protection solution:
- User-memory scanning and cleaning
- Kernel-memory scanning and cleaning
- File scanning