When you open Enterprise Console 4 or 4.5 you see the message:
EM Library is still running in the updating hierarchy.
You have migrated to the Sophos Update Manager in this version of Enterprise Console, but you still have EM Library installed on your server.
What To Do
- Open Enterprise Console, select Update managers
- Right mouse click 'Recommended' under Software subscription ensuring that 'Windows 2000 - 9.5 Recommended' is selected
- Right mouse click the Update Manager and select Update Now, after a period of time 'Downloading binaries' will disappear.
- Click the Endpoints icon - under the Groups section, right mouse click each group with the exception of Unassigned, selecting 'view\edit policy' and untick 'Legacy updating'.
- Click the Dashboard button if not already visible, at the bottom left of the screen under 'Updates', click the wording EM Library, select NO.
- Close Enterprise Console.
- Click start, run, appwiz.cpl - check for presence of Sophos EM Library if visible - remove this entry.
- Re-open Enterprise Console.