After making changes to the configuration of Sophos Update Manager (SUM), the following error is seen when saving the changes:
The operation failed.
Details: Failed to create a warehouse check action! SDDM returned 0xffffffff
Would you like to use these source details anyway?
First seen in
Sophos Update Manager 18.104.22.168
SUM service is not started, or the SUM processes have hung.
What To Do
Click 'Yes' to the dialog on screen. Initially check that the 'Sophos Update Manager' service is started in the Windows service list - the service should be started and remain started. Once the service has started editing the updating details for SUM should work correctly.
If the above does not resolve the issue continue below.
Restart the SUM services
On the affected server:
- Close the console and open the Windows services list (Start | Run |
services.msc | Press return).
- Stop the Sophos Update Manager service ensure the log on for it is Local System.
- Open Task Manager and ensure that all SophosUpdateMgr.exe processes are ended.
- Start the Sophos Update Manager service.
- Open the Enterprise Console.
- Select View | Update Managers.
- In the Update Managers panel right-click the update manager and select View/Edit Configuration.
- Ensure the Subscription and Distribution tab are configured correctly and click OK.
- Right-click the update manager and select Update Now.
If the issue is not resolved:
- Attempt to restart the Sophos Agent service
- Check the Sophos Agent and SUM Trace logs for errors.
- Run the Sophos Diagnostic Utility (SDU) on the affected server and forward the output file.