You are waiting for Sophos Update Manager to register. You see an error message such as:
Sophos Update Manager has not yet registered with the system. Do you want to continue waiting for it?
Known to apply to the following Sophos product and version
Sophos Enterprise Console 4
Sophos Control Center 4
What to do
- Ensure that the registration isn't timing out. At the prompt 'Do you want to continue to wait?', try selecting Yes three more times.
- If the registration doesn't proceed, in Windows Services, check that the following Sophos services are present and started:
- Sophos Agent
- Sophos Certification Manager
- Sophos Management Service
- Sophos Message Router
- Sophos Update Manager
- SQL Server (SOPHOS)
- If all of the services are present, restart the Sophos Agent, Sophos Management Service and the Sophos Update Manager services and see if that causes the registration to proceed. If the Sophos Update Manager service is stopped, start it and see if that causes the registration to proceed.
- If SUM still is unable to register, the Sophos Agent log should be checked for errors. The following article describes the Sophos Agent log: 43391
- Contact Technical Support for further assistance with troubleshooting.