This article describes how to use the DFS management console to create and configure a DFS replication group with the same name and members that the PureMessage installer would select.
What to do
Before you start, ensure that you have DFSR installed.
- On both nodes,
- Open Server Manager and select 'Roles'.
- Add the role File Services | DFS Replication
- On both nodes, create a quarantine folder:
- On one of the nodes only, it doesn't matter which one, open DFS Management:
- Right-click 'Replication' and select 'New Replication Group'.
- Select 'Replication Group Type'.
- Select 'Multipurpose Replication Group'.
- You are prompted for a name for the replication group, type in
- In 'Domain' ensure that the name of the domain which has the cluster in it is displayed. Click Next.
- In the 'Replication Group Members' window select both servers. Click Next.
- In the 'Replication Group Schedule and Bandwidth screen, select the 'Replicate continuously at full bandwidth' option.
- Select a Primary member, and click Next.
- In the 'Folders to Replicate' screen, click Add, browse to the quarantine folder and click Next.
- In the 'Local path of quarantine on other members' screen choose Edit | Enabled.
- Browse to the quarantine folder. Click OK | Next.
- In the 'Review Settings and Create Replication Group' screen click 'Create'.
- A confirmation screen is displayed. Click 'Close'. If a 'Replication Delay' warning is displayed, this may be ignored.
You can now install PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange.