When re-installing the Sophos Anti-Virus component in a networked environment via the Enterprise Console, you see this error in the Enterprise Console:
00000025 - uninstallation of remote management system failed
First seen in
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
What To Do
- On the affected endpoint, from Windows Control Panel, go to 'Add or Remove Programs'.
- Locate 'Sophos Remote Management System' and select 'Remove'.
- You will get the error:
The feature you are using is on a network resource that is unavailable
- Browse to rms , the location of which may vary slightly according to how your system is set, but typically it will be something like
\\ServerName\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\rms, where SophosUpdate is the relevant share and S000 is the correct subscription number
- Select 'Sophos Remote Management System.msi' and click 'Open'. Sophos Remote Management System should now uninstall successfully.
- Re-deploy Sophos Anti-Virus from your Enterprise Console.