The Windows Application event log contains Warnings with Event ID 55, containing the below text:
Reporting Data could not be written to the database at this time
these events will also contain one of the below error codes:
Note: These Warnings cannot be suppressed within the PureMessage product
First seen in
PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange
PureMessage has either been upgraded with an existing Microsoft MSDE SQL instance, or the database is offline.
What To Do
Database offline: error -3
If the errors are only logged for a short period then this highlights a temporary or intermittent problem with the SQL instance which should be investigated separately.
If the errors are continuous, then follow the below steps:
- Open the below file using Internet Explorer or other browser:
- Locate any line containing the below text:
Note: This identifies the SQL instance used by PureMessage
- Confirm whether the SQL server service for this instance is started, by default this will be a local service:
SQL Server (SOPHOS)
- If this is not started then start the service
PureMessage upgraded with an existing MSDE SQL instance: error 0x80040e14
- Upgrade the existing MSDE instance to SQL Server Express 2005
- Upgrade this instance to SQL Server Express 2008 or later, as SQL 2005 is no longer supported
- Uninstall PureMessage
- Delete the reporting database, by opening a command prompt as administrator and running the below command:
SQLCMD -E -S (local)\SOPHOS -Q "DROP DATABASE SavexRprt"
- Re-install PureMessage