The Sophos icon in the lower right hand corner of screen has disappeared. Endpoint Security and Control appears active, but the 'Configure Updating' link is grayed out and you cannot click on it.
First seen in
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control
What To Do
1. If this is a managed network installation:
Check for errors on the client computer as listed in the Enterprise Console. If necessary, re-install Endpoint Security and Control onto the client computer from the console.
2. If this is a standalone client computer:
- Go to Add/Remove programs and confirm that Sophos AutoUpdate is listed (separately from Sophos Anti-Virus).
- If Sophos AutoUpdate is not present, it must be reinstalled (follow instructions below, 'Sophos AutoUpdate is not present').
- If it is present, check the following:
- Try to start it as follows: Start | Programs | Sophos | Endpoint Security and Control.
- The shield should now load. Confirm update can be launched by double-clicking.
Sophos AutoUpdate is not present:
- Look for the directory 'C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\'. If present, run the following installer in 'repair' mode (right-click MSI for option) from this location:
C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\sau\Sophos AutoUpdate.MSI
- If it reports program as not installed, double-click to run the install of Sophos AutoUpdate (SAU).
It may prompt for a reboot. If so, the shield should load on startup. 'Confirm update' can be launched by double-clicking.
- If the directory containing the installer was absent, and Sophos AutoUpdate is not present in Add/Remove programs, remove all Sophos Endpoint Security and Control
products in the following order from Add/Remove programs:
- Sophos Network Access Control
- Sophos Client Firewall
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Sophos Remote Management System (RMS)
- Download Endpoint Security and Control from the Sophos website and re-install.