When trying to install PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange, installation stops and a message is displayed:
Setup was unable to install the end user website.
Error details: COM error-code 0x8004e00f : COM+ was unable to talk to the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator
A similar error message is described in knowledgebase article 33415.
Sophos product and version
PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange, version 3.0
Windows 2000/2003 Server
What to do
- Open Windows Services.
- In the Services list, right-click Distributed Transaction Coordinator, and select Stop.
- Right-click the MSDTC service, and select Properties.
- Select the Log On tab.
- Under the 'Log on as' section, click 'This Account'.
- In the account entry box, type NT Authority\NetworkService. Leave the Password blank. Click OK.
- Right-click the MSDTC service, and select Start.
- Exit Windows Services.
- Re-run the PureMessage installation by double-clicking setup.exe from C:\pmex_30 or the installation CD.