Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+ allows you to browse your network from the Sophos Anti-Virus window and, from here, configure and run an immediate scan or set up a scheduled scan. You can see and scan mapped network drives and UNC paths (see article 118673 for scanning when UAC is enabled).
To scan whole computers, use a scheduled scan from Enterprise Console.
To delete, move or disinfect files, you must use an account with sufficient rights over the resource.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
What To Do
- In Sophos Anti-Virus window, click 'Set up a new scan' to display the scan setup page.
- In the 'Scan name' field, type a name for the scan.
- In the 'Items to scan' panel, browse to the drives and folders you want to scan. To select a drive or folder, click the check box to the left it.
- If you want to configure the scan further, click 'Configure this scan'.
- You can now choose:
- to run the scan immediately. Click 'Save and start'. This also saves the scan.
- to schedule the scan to run at another time. Click 'Schedule this scan' and complete the 'Schedule scan' dialog box. You will be prompted to enter a valid username and password in the scheduled scan options box; this user must have access to the shared resources you want to scan.