One or more computers fail to complete a successful download from Sophos. Checking the 'SophosUpdate.log' file you see similar errors to:
INFO SUL-Log [I19463] Syncing product cd2a5386-f08c-42b1-8d98-40240059e361 190
ERROR SUL-Log [E73342] Checksum error: e330fe5b41b642d5b49ad9008dd2c001
INFO SUL-Log [I43568] No proxy was used.
INFO SUL-Log [I96736] Looking for package cd2a5386-f08c-42b1-8d98-40240059e361 RECOMMENDED 1
ERROR SUL-Log [E35364] Out of update sources
ERROR SDDSDownloader::ReportSyncFailure Failed to synchronise
- The checksum, product and package values may be different depending on the issue experienced.
- The 'SophosUpdate.log' file can be found in the following locations:
- XP/2003: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Logs\'
- Windows Vista+: 'C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\logs\'
First seen in
UTM Managed Endpoint (Windows 2000+)
Sophos Cloud Managed Endpoint
The file downloaded by Sophos AutoUpdate does not match the expected checksum.
What To Do
- Determine the name of the file being downloaded from the checksum as mentioned in the log file. In the above example, the file causing the issues was
- From the computer that is failing, attempt to download the file using a web browser from Sophos .
Important: The web browser should be configured to update via the same route as Sophos AutoUpdate in terms of proxies and other network devices.
For this example, the file location would be:
- Once the file has been downloaded, generate a MD5 checksum of the file using a tool such as sigcheck. For example:
sigcheck -h e330fe5b41b642d5b49ad9008dd2c001x000.dat
- The MD5 checksum for the file should match the file name, apart from the 'x000.dat' suffix. If it does not, the file has been modified between Sophos and the computer.
- As a temporary workaround, copy the correct file from a working computer to the local warehouse directory of Sophos AutoUpdate and force an update. The directory can be found:
- XP/2003: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\AutoUpdate\data\warehouse\'
- Windows Vista+: 'C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\data\warehouse\'
- If you have a device or appliance you can narrow down as the cause for the file being corrupted, please contact your vendor for assistance providing the URL and a copy of the correct and corrupt file.