When deploying an SCEP profile to a device using Sophos Mobile Control the error "
An MDM command could not be executed" is shown.
Pressing the "Details" button shows in addition the message "
 [MCSCEPErrorDomain] The Registration Authority’s response is invalid."
The installation of the profile fails.
First seen in
Sophos Mobile Control 3.6
The reason for this issue could be an invalid value entered as "Signature" within the SCEP profile in Sophos Mobile Control.
What To Do
To solve this behavior follow these steps:
- Log on to your Sophos Mobile Control web console
- Go to "Profiles | Apple iOS"
- Edit the profile having the SCEP settings configured
- Edit the SCEP settings
- Make sure the "Signature" field is empty.
- Press the "Apply" button. You are returned to the profile configuration view.
- Press the "Save" button. The profile list appears.
- Now try the deployment again and the profile should be installed correctly.