The Sophos Cloud installer has completed with the warning message as listed under article 120448. In addition to that the following are true:
- The 'Sophos Endpoint Bootstrap_[Timestamp].txt' log shows a 141 return code indicating that Sophos AutoUpdate failed to complete a successful update.
- Sophos AutoUpdate and Sophos Management Communications System has been installed by SophosInstall.exe.
- Sophos AutoUpdate has downloaded the necessary software but has failed to install all packages.
- The 'SophosUpdate.log' (as found under the logs directory of Sophos AutoUpdate) shows a failure to install all managed components:
[Date,Time] [ 3464] INFO SetupDLLManager::Install Failed to install product mcsep.
[Date,Time] [ 3464] INFO SetupDLLManager::Install Failed to install product savxp.
[Date,Time] [ 3464] INFO SetupDLLManager::Install Failed to install product sau.
- Sophos AutoUpdate has not created any log files under the system temp location to further troubleshoot the issue.
First seen in
Sophos Cloud Managed Endpoint
TMP variable is not specified correctly.
What To Do
- Open the System settings (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System) on the computer.
Tip: Keyboard shortcut: 'Windows Key' + 'Pause Break'
- Click on the 'Advanced' tab.
Note: Click on the 'Advanced system settings' link first on Windows 7+.
- Click on 'Environment Variables'.
- Under the 'System variables' section locate the
TMP variable and ensure it is valid, E.g.
- Once corrected restart the computer and perform an 'update now' by right clicking on the Sophos Shield icon in the notification tray and click on 'Update now'.
- All software should then correctly install.