When deploying an application purchased via Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP) the tasks fails with the error message
"An MDM command could not be executed. -45".
Within the task details the following additional information can be found:
" [MCMDMErrorDomain] The iTunes Store ID of the application could not be validated."
First seen in
Sophos Mobile Control as a Service 3.6
Sophos Mobile Control 3.6
The reason for this issue is that the VPP application is not assigned to the user and the Apple ID used on the device.
Therefore, this Apple ID is not allowed to download the app.
What To Do
In order to successfully deploy the application to this device the VPP license must be assigned to the correct VPP user related to this device.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Sophos Mobile Control web console.
- On the left hand side go to "VPP users" or "Users" (this depends on the user directory you are using)
- Click the "Edit" icon next to the user which should be able to download the app
- Press the "Show VPP licenses" button
- Select the apps the user should be able to use. This way a VPP license is assigned to a user
- Press the "Apply" button and afterwards press the "Save" button to commit the changes.
The deployment of the application should now work correctly.