What is Google Application control?
The Sophos UTM provides a feature to enforce a policy and limit access to the Google App services for specific domains only. This feature is useful for administrators who need to limit Google App access to their company domains, and prohibit users from accessing their personal Google Apps.
What to do
Where to Configure: Webadmin on https://<IP of UTM>:4444
Related Section: Web Protection | Web Filter Profiles | Filter Actions
- This feature is configurable per Web Proxy Filter Action.
- If this feature is enabled, the HTTP proxy in the Sophos UTM adds a special header to the App login request for Google.
- The 'Decrypt and scan' option is required for 'HTTPS (SSL) traffic' for this feature to work.
In our example below, we use an existing filter action, but the feature can also be enabled for new filter actions.
- In the 'Filter Actions' tab, choose an existing policy to which Google Application control is to be configured.
- Click 'Edit' - The 'Edit Filter Action' window opens.
- Choose 'Additional Options'.
- In this window, select the radio button 'Enforce allowed domains for Google Apps'.
- Click on the green coloured ‘+’ icon to specify the domains for which you wish to allow Google Apps.
- Click 'Save'.
Google Apps access will now be allowed only for the domains specified above.