In line with Sophos’ commitment to provide you with best protection, it is necessary to upgrade Sophos Update Manager for Windows. This will ensure you continue to receive the latest security updates.
As part of the release of version 1.5 of Sophos Update Manager (SUM) in November, Enterprise Console administrators will receive a Sophos Messenger alert which links to this article.
- If you are subscribed to the '1 Recommended' version of SUM you will be automatically updated to version 1.5 in November 2013.
- If you are subscribed to a version of SUM which is not the '1 Recommended' version, then you will be automatically upgraded to version 1.5 in January 2014.
Note: This upgrade may request the computer to be restarted.
The default configuration is for SUM to automatically update itself. If you have manually configured any SUMs to remain on a fixed version (as configured under the 'Advanced' tab of a SUMs configuration) we recommend you change the version to '1 Recommended' before January 2014 in order to control the upgrade yourself.
This article explains how to check your current version and how to change the version to use '1 Recommended' if required.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Update Manager
What To Do
- Open Enterprise Console.
- Switch to the 'Update managers' view. The version of SUM running on each of your servers is displayed.
- For each SUM, double-click on the computer name to bring up the 'Configure update manager' dialog.
- Select the 'Advanced' tab to view the selected value in the drop-down list.
- Note the value displayed:
- If you see '1 Recommended' for all of your SUMs (as shown in the screenshot above), no further action is required.
- If you see anything other than '1 Recommended' this indicates that you have previously configured one or more SUMs to remain on a fixed version. You must do one of the following:
- Change the value to '1 Recommended' for all SUMs to allow them to automatically upgrade when version 1.5 is released.
- Leave the fixed version selected. The SUM will remain on this version until it is automatically upgraded in January 2014.