Status of a task deploying a VPN profile stays in the Status 'Sending Notification' or 'Notified'. If the task shows 'Notified' the additional information of the task show that the device is currently busy. Trying to deploy a VPN profile created by the iPCU shows the same behavior.
First seen in
Sophos Mobile Control as a Service 3.5
Sophos Mobile Control 3.5
Sophos Mobile Control 3.5.1
This error occurs due to a wrong parsing process in SMC 3.5 and if the Proxy settings in the VPN profile are not configured.
What To Do
In order to successfully deploy a VPN profile follow these steps:
- If the VPN configuration is part of a complex profile it is recommended to exclude this and make a separate profile for VPN
- In the Sophos Mobile Control (SMC) web console go to 'Profiles | Apple iOS'
- Press the magnifier icon next to the VPN profile in question to show the profile
- Press the 'Download' button to export the profile and save the profile at a location of your choice
- Open the profile using a text editor e.g. Notepad
- Search for 'Proxies'
- Remove the lines '<key>Proxies</key>'
Depending on the profile, the lines which have to be deleted might just be
- Save the changed file
- In the SMC console go again to 'Profiles | Apple iOS'
- Press the 'Import' button and upload the changed profile
- After saving the profile, it should now be possible to deploy it
Installing the Sophos Mobile Control 3.5.1 Patch also solves this issue.