Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Virtual Web Appliance , Virtual Management Appliance
What To Do
To increase the disk of the Virtual Web or Management Appliance please follow the steps below:
- Power off the Virtual Web/Management Appliance
- Increase the size of the Virtual Web/Management Appliance hard drive image via VMware tools.
Please note that in the SWA/SMA VM there are two Virtual HD's one is 1G in size and other have a different size. Choose the HD with the different size (greater than 1GB) as 1G is only for the installer.
- Restart the Virtual Web/Management Appliance
- Go to the VM console interface of the Appliance and
- choose option 4 (Check for increased disk space) to complete the change:
6. Confirm to reboot the appliance by choose yes. This will reboot the appliance twice:
7. After rebooting the size of the appliance will be updated