This article explains how to view the Event ID information contained in Sophos Anti-Virus, this can be useful for configuring third party event log monitoring applications.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
What To Do
- Click Start, Run... (Shortcut Windows + R keys), enter the following and click OK:
- Click 'Turn Windows features on or off' and select Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), this will install a tool called
Evntwin.exe, you may be prompted to restart your computer, do this if prompted.
Note: On Windows servers, you will need to add the Feature called SNMP Services.
- Go back to the Run box, enter the following and click OK:
- Choose Custom as the Configuration type Then click Edit.
- You can then choose the Event sources: Application - Sophos Anti-Virus
- In the bottom right hand corner you will be able to see all the Event ID data.