This article describes how to configure Sophos Mobile Control to allow the users to manage their devices via the Self Service Portal, but prevent them from adding devices themselves.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control 3.0
Sophos Mobile Control 2.5.0
What To Do
- Log in to the Admin Portal as a user with administrative rights.
- In the Self Service Portal Config, set the maximum number of allowed devices to "None".
- Set the actions the user will be allowed to perform using the Self Service Portal.
- Log in to the Admin Portal as administrator, and create/deploy a device
- Edit the new device and add an LDAP Link to the user who is going to administer it
From now on the user can administer that device (e.g. lock / wipe / reconfigure it etc.), but is not allowed to create new devices.