This article provides first steps in troubleshooting SMS delivery problems.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control as a Service
Sophos Mobile Control
What To Do
Under some circumstances, SMS sent by the Sophos Mobile Control server might not reach the device.
To troubleshoot this, do as follows.
- Verify that the phone number is correct and in the international format e.g. +1 123 456 789
- Allow up to 60 minutes for it to arrive. In peak times, SMS might get delayed according to the telecom standard. If you experience late delivery for several days, you can escalate it as in step 3.
- If the SMS is not delivered or is corrupted, please escalate the support ticket providing the following information:
- International phone number that is experiencing the issues.
- Date and time of message sent.
- A set of the Sophos Mobile Control server logs, located in %MDM_HOME%\jboss\server\mdm\log.