This article provides a version comparison for Sophos Anti-Virus products on Linux & UNIX
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SAV for Linux / UNIX 9.x
SAV for Linux / UNIX 7.x
SAV for Linux / UNIX 4.x
Linux / Unix
Managed Linux & Unix: Version Comparison
These products are referred to as ''Managed Linux & Unix' packages. However, remote management is entirely optional, and standalone installation is available.
Version 9.x contains the same great features as version 7.x, but also includes:
- LiveProtection (in-the-cloud detection technology) (Linux only)
- Support for fanotify on-access scanning interception method (Linux only)
- Improved logging for scheduled scans
- Improved updating model - Including direct updates from Sophos for UNIX endpoints
Note: This product is approaching retirement. We recommend upgrading to version 9.x.
The following features are included:
- On-Access scanning (Linux only)
- Centralized Management & Reporting (Requires Sophos Enterprise Console)
- Automatic updating
- Scheduled scanning
- E-Mail alerts
- WebGUI (Linux only)
- On-Demand scanner as seen in Version 4.x
Unmanaged Linux & Unix: Version Comparsion
Version 4.x is a lightweight command-line scanner for detecting malware threats on Linux & Unix. The product does not contain automated updating functionality, or any of the other functions of Version 9.x. Wherever possible, we recommend upgrading to version 9.x.