This article describes what a user must do in order to delete a registered device from a Sophos Mobile Control server, without contacting the server administrator.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control 2.5.0
What To Do
The administrator of Sophos Mobile Control must have enabled the "Decommission devices" and "Delete unmanaged devices" functionality for the Self Service Portal.
In order to delete a device registered for you on a Sophos Mobile Control server follow the steps below.
- Log in to the Sophos Mobile Control Self Service Portal using your credentials.
- Select the device you want to remove from the server.
- From the "Please select" dropdown box choose "Decommission" and click the "Perform" button.
- Once the "Decommission" task is finished, go back to the device overview by clicking the "Ok" button.
- Select again the device you want to remove.
- Choose "Delete device" from the dropdown box and click the "Perform" button to remove the device from the server.
For more information about use of the Portal, refer to the Administrator Guide.