This article describes how to manually create an Exchange email account on an Android device.
If the device is a Samsung, Sony or LG device or Sophos Secure Email is installed, this configuration can be done via Sophos Mobile Control
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control
What To Do
Ensure you have the following:
- Android device with a data plan
- A working Exchange account with which to connect your Android phone.
The following information is necessary in order to set up your Exchange account:
- The Exchange server address (Only for SMCaaS).
- The Username and password for the account.
- The Domain name for the account.
To create an email account on an Android device proceed as follows:
- Open the Email application.
- Click the Menu button and then click the Accounts button.
- Click the Menu button again and click Add Account.
- Choose to add a new Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account
- Enter your Username and Password
- As Exchange Server enter the public URL of your Sophos Mobile Control Server (for SMCaaS use your Public Exchange URL)
- Choose to use a secure connection (SSL)
- Select the option to also use that server as outgoing mail server
- Use the option to log on to that Server using the same credentials as before
- Select the download options (Size, time span) as it suits you
- Save that account
If your device is compliant to the Sophos Mobile Control policies you will receive mails using that account.
Depending on the version of Google Android installed on your phone, layout and naming may differ. For further assistance please contact the manufacturer of your device.