This article explains how to migrate to SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration version 3.80 and higher.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration 3.80 and higher
What To Do
- Close all running SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administrations.
- Install new SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration.
- Upgrade the structure of the tables in your SafeGuard LAN Crypt database. To do this, use the command line tool CreateTables.exe which is available in the \Install directory of your installation package. From the command line, run CreateTables.exe to see further options.
Note: The user need to have db owner rights at the time of the database schema update.
Command line syntax:
CreateTables <ODBCName[.creatorname]> <SQL dialect > <action>
CreateTables SGLCSQLServer.dbo m u
CreateTables SGLCSQLServer.SGLC o u
After upgrading the database, use the Upgrade wizard to complete the upgrade. The wizard is launched after the first logon to the upgraded administration.
Note: Only a Master Security Officer is allowed to perform the first logon after upgrading the administration. If you do not have the appropriate rights a message will be displayed.
The steps required by the wizard to complete the upgrade may vary depending on the version you upgraded, and may require the following:
- Enter a location name.
- Verify and - if necessary - correcting the database integrity.
- Create a new recovery key (in case of an upgrade from a version below 3.61 recovery key will automatically be deleted during upgrade process. A new key must then be created after first logon to SafeGuard LAN Crypt)
- Information on corrected errors will be displayed.
After you have completed the wizard, the administration is ready to use.