Encrypted files cannot be deleted if the user who is logged on doesn´t have the required key in his keyring.
The file filter driver prevents the deletion of files which cannot be accessed by the logged-on user.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard LAN Crypt Client for PC
SafeGuard File Encryption
What To Do
Depending on where the files are located, do one of the following:
- The files are located on the network (e.g. on a File-Server):
- Connect to the File-Share from a PC without SafeGuard LAN Crypt or File Share installed.
- Delete the files.
- The files are stored locally:
- Share the directory where the file is located.
- Connect to the share from a PC without SafeGuard LAN Crypt or File Share and delete the files.
- Unshare the directory that you shared in step 1.