This article describes the necessary steps to use a local user to run the Sophos Mobile Control Service.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control
What To Do
If you have chosen the SQL authentication mode during the setup of SMC to connect to the SQL database, you must perform the following steps:
- Create a local user (preferably with a password that does not expire).
- Remove this user from all groups which he is in by default.
- Allow this user full access rights to the Sophos Mobile Control installation directory, including all sub-directories
- Open the
- Open the settings of the "
Sophos Mobile Control Service" (for version 4 or lower the service is called "
SMCSVC") and click the "Log On" tab.
- Select the radio button "This account" and specify the account created in step 1.
- Restart the service.
If you have chosen Windows Authentication during the initial setup of SMC, you only have to carry out step 3 above for the user who has already been specified for running the SMC service.
To successfully update database entries, the newly created user also requires a login and the necessary change rights on the SQL database.
It must be made sure that the user you have created is a member of the "
db_datareder" and "