During registration of an iOS device using the Sophos Mobile Control Self Service Portal you see the error:
The device does not receive a download link for the iOS bootstrap and therefore cannot be configured properly. Within the server.log the following error can be observed:
Could not personalize iOS MDM profile template java.lang.Exception: could not find keystore or password
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control
This error occurs because the Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) certificate is not uploaded to the Sophos Mobile Control server or this specific Sophos Mobile Control customer.
What To Do
Note: In order to successfully register a device you have to upload your APNS certificate to the server. If you do not yet have an APNS certificate, you must create one as described in this knowledge base article.
Open Sophos Mobile Control web control and log in to your Sophos Mobile Control customer
- Go to Settings | System setup
- Switch to the "iOS settings" tab
- Click on "Choose file" and browse for your pkcs12 APNS keystore.
- Select the pkcs12 file and press "Open"
- Enter the password appropriate to the pkcs12 file. For reference, you can also enter the Apple ID you have used for the creation of the APNS certificate.
- Press the "Upload" button
- Press the "Save" button to apply the configuration
- Try the device registration again.