This article describes how to configure SSL VPN for Mac OS X using the Viscosity VPN Client.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos UTM Software Appliance
V7, V8, V9
What To Do
Before you start, download the Viscosity client from http://www.thesparklabs.com/viscosity
- On your Astaro Security Gateway login to the User Portal and download the VPN package: select the download labelled "Click here to download a ZIP archive which contains all necessary files to set up SSL VPN on Linux, MacOS X, BSD or Solaris."
- Install the Viscosity VPN Client on your computer.
- Launch the Viscosity VPN Client and navigate to Viscosity | Preferences | Connections. Click the ‘+’ and select ‘Import Connection from File...’
- Navigate to the previously downloaded VPN configuration folder and select your configuration file with the extension ‘.ovpn’. Cick ‘Open’.
Viscosity now imports the configuration and should display the successful import dialogue box.
- Initiate your connection by selecting ‘Connect’ from the Viscosity menu. Enter your User Name and Password when prompted, then click ‘OK’.
After you successfully connect, you may monitor your connection within the client.
For further information, please see the Viscosity homepage: http://www.thesparklabs.com