How to generate an RSA ssh key on a Linux based system.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos UTM Software Appliance
V7, V8, V9
What To Do
- Use the tool ssh-keygen generate a ssh keypair:
- Enter a name for the keyfile:
- Generate public/private rsa key pair.
Enter file in which to save the key (/home/user/.ssh/id_rsa):
- Enter passphrase (empty for no passphrase): **********
Your identification has been saved in
Your public key has been saved in
The key fingerprint is:
The key's randomart image is:
+--[ RSA 2048]----+
|oET =o |
| .B.o |
| . =. . |
| . .. S |
| . . l |
| . . . |
| . |
- Save the SSH key in your home directory in .ssh/ .
Configuration on the ASG side
Apply the public key which can be found in
to the ASG in
WebAdmin | Management | System Settings | Shell Access | Authentication |
Authorized keys for loginuser / Authorized keys for root
Ensure you tick the checkbox "Allow public key authentication"