If issues with the installation of the Sophos Mobile Control bootstrap installation appear, it might be necessary to get a log file of the affected device. To get this log file, please follow the steps described below. Known to apply to the following Sophos products and versions
Sophos Mobile Control
How to get logs of an iOS device
For iOS 7 and earlier versions:
- Download and install the iPhone Configuration Utility (iPCU).
- Connect the affected device to the computer where you have installed the iPCU.
- Start the iPCU.
- Reproduce the problem while the device is connected to the computer.
- Within the iPCU left click on your device on the left hand side of the overview.
- Once the device is opened, click on the "Console" tab in the main window.
- You now will see the log of your iOS device.
- To save the log file click on the "Save Console As..." button on the bottom of the window.
Note: This procedure does not work for iOS 8 devices anymore as Apple does not support the iPCU any longer. To get logs from an iOS 8 device you have to use the procedure described below.
For iOS 8:
- Download and install Xcode on a Mac.
- Attach the iOS device to the Mac and trust the computer.
- Start Xcode.
- In the menu bar, select "Window | Devices".
- Within the windows, select the device in question.
- In the right part of the window, click the upward pointing arrow in the lower left corner.
The console of the device opens showing the log.
- Reproduce the issue.
- In the lower right corner, press the icon next to the recycle bin to save the device log.