When you open Sophos Endpoint Security and Control, the"Configure Updating" and "View Updating Log" options are missing from the main application screen
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
This issue is caused by the SingleGUIPlugun.dll not being registered with the system or the Almon.exe process not running.
What to do
1. Close the Sophos Endpoint Security and Control GUI
2. Confirm that Almon.exe is running via Task Manager
a. Click Start, Run and type “taskmgr” without quotes
b. On Processes tab, sort by Image Name and look for Almon.exe
3. If it is not listed, browse to one of the below locations (if it is running, go to step 6)
4. Double click Almon.exe
5. Confirm Almon.exe is running in Task Manager and confirm the “Configure Updating” and “View Updating Log” icons are present in Sophos Endpoint Security and Control. If not, continue to the next step.
6. Close the Sophos Endpoint Security and Control GUI
7. Click Start, Run
8. For 32bit computers, type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\SingleGUIPlugin.dll" and press Enter
For 64bit computers, type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\AutoUpdate\SingleGUIPlugin.dll" and press Enter
9. Open Sophos Endpoint Security and Control and confirm the icons are present.
If you continue to experience problems, please contact Sophos Technical Support.