SafeGuard Enterprise events are not being deleted from the scheduled task even though the Task Scheduler 'Last Run Result' status is 'Success'.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard Management Center / Local Policy Editor 7.0
What To Do
The service account being configured for the TaskScheduler Service should have "sufficient" SQL rights (as per KBA 113582, this is db_reader, db_writer and public).
In addition to this, the account requires 'execute' rights to the respective Database/ Stored Procedure. To grant permissions on a stored procedure, please do the following:
- Open SQL Server Management Studio
- Connect to the instance which contains the SafeGuard Database
- Expand Databases
- Expand the SafeGuard database
- Expand Programmability
- Expand Stored Procedures
- Expand System Stored Procedures
- Right-click dbo.spCleanEventTable, select Properties and then the Permissions section
- To grant permissions to a user, database role, or application role, click Search.
- In Select Users or Roles, click Object Types to add or clear the users and roles you want.
- Click Browse to display the list of users or roles. Select the users or roles to whom permissions should be granted.
- In the Explicit Permissions grid, select the permissions to grant to the specified user or role.
For further information, please refer to MS KBA Grant Permissions on a Stored Procedure.
IMPORTANT: Before performing any changes to the SafeGuard Database, always create a FULL database backup first.
For further information regarding event cleanup by script, please refer to section 33.13 (Scheduled event cleanup by script), page 263 of the SafeGuard Enterprise administrator help