By default, PureMessage for Windows/Exchange scans for viruses inside archive files. The archive types scanned include ZIP, ARJ, RAR, GZIP, TAR and CMZ.
This option can be deselected (e.g. if you prefer to have archive files scanned by anti-virus software at the desktop).
What to do
To enable (or disable) archive scanning, do as follows.
- To open the PureMessage console, double-click the PureMessage icon on your desktop.
- In the PureMessage console tree, double-click 'Jobs'.
- Under 'Jobs', select the job type you wish to configure scanning for, e.g. 'Mail (SMTP)'.
- In the details pane, select the Scan tab
- Select 'Scan inside archive files'.
Once archive scanning has been enabled, individual archive types can be treated separately with the threat reduction options. For details of how to select archive types, and the options available, see the threat reduction by file type article.