One of your update managers has failed to update and Enterprise Console displays a message similar to:
Error Deployment to share '\\Server\SOPHOS\CIDs\S000' failed because the target cidsync.upd file is corrupt.
For more information, see Sophos support knowledgebase article 112283.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product and version
Enterprise Console 4.7.0
The cidsync.upd file in the shared folder (CID) is corrupt.
What to do
- Open Windows services and stop the Sophos Update Manager service.
- In Windows Explorer, delete the shared folder (in the error message above the shared folder is named S000).
- Within Windows services, start the Sophos Update Manager service.
- In Enterprise Console, select 'Update Now' and the shared folder will be re-created with the latest software.
- There may be an additional step required if you have previously added a custom file to this location. Custom files are used by Sophos technical support to resolve issues in local environments; they are also used to configure settings that cannot be edited in Enterprise Console, or to 'whitelist' certain event IDs from being reported in Enterprise Console.
If you have a custom file in this shared folder, you will need to recreate the cidsync file using ConfigCid.exe and the xml files created using ExportConfig.exe. When they are all created, you will need to copy them into the shared folder.
If you do not have the original files, or you have any questions about how to perform this operation, please contact Sophos Technical Support for assistance.