Once you have obtained a copy of the Sophos Bootable Anti-Virus .iso file, you will need to convert the .iso file to an executable file that can be run from a CD or DVD.
This article explains how to burn the ISO file to CD when you do not already have CD burning software installed, such as on server operating system like Windows 2003.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Bootable Anti-Virus
What To Do
- Download a free tool from Microsoft
- Download the 'Windows 2003 Resource Kit Support Tools' from : http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/.../rktools.exe
- Save rktools.exe to a temporary location.
- Install rktools
- Double click the rktools.exe file.
- Fill out the required information on most screens. When you reach the 'Destination Directory' screen, change the installation path to be the same as the SBAV installation path.The default location is C:\sbav10
- Finish the installation.
- Burn the file to Disk
- Open a Command prompt (Start | Run | Type
cmd.exe | Press return).
- Type the following commands, pressing the Enter key at the end of each line:
cdburn.exe d: sbav.iso
This example assumes that your CD burner is drive letter D: If this is not correct, substitute the correct drive letter in the command.
You will see a percentage progress graph. When this is done you will see:
Synchronizing Cache: burn successful!
Your Sophos Bootable Anti-Virus disk is now ready to use. See article 52053 for usage instructions.