When attempting to use SafeGuard Portable with Endpoint Security and Control installed, your SafeGuard Portable files do not get copied to the removable device, even though you have set the option to "Copy SG Portable to Removable Media" in a Device Control policy in the SafeGuard Enterprise Management Center.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+ 9.0.5
SafeGuard Data Exchange
What To Do
In order to authorize SafeGuard Portable's file transfers, you'll need to set the following exceptions in the appropriate data control policies in Enterprise Console:
For each data control policy you'd like to change:
- In Enterprise Console, select the Data Control policy you would like to edit, and double-click to open the Configuration dialog.
- Select the file rule that is blocking the transfers and click 'Edit'.
- Under '5. Select the files to exclude', choose 'Where file name matches'.
- Click the link 'Select files names'.
- In the dialog that opens, click Add and add each of the following file names:
- Click OK to save your changes.