During the installation of the Web Appliance, you must install a Sophos-generated certificate authority in users' browsers in order to be able to access secure (HTTPS) sites. If you use Mozilla Firefox, you will be prompted to download a certificate. If you failed to click "Trust this CA to identify web sites," you must manually delete the improperly-installed Sophos-generated certificate authority. (See also: Sophos Web Appliance: Installing the Sophos-Generated Certificate Authority in your Users' Browsers)
Manually Deleting an Improperly Installed Sophos-generated certificate authority
- In Mozilla Firefox, select Tools|Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click Advanced.
- Click the Encryption tab.
- Click View Certificates.
- In the Certificate Manager dialog box, click the Authorities tab.
- In the Certificate Name list box, select Sophos PLC.
- Click Sophos Web Appliance.
- Click Delete.
- In the Delete CA Certificates dialog box, click OK.
- In the Certificate Manager dialog box, click OK.
- In the Options dialog box, click OK.