Sophos Email Appliance & Sophos PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange
This course is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the current threats and malicious exploits delivered via email, and the methods in which to prevent these attacks using the Sophos Email Security and Control product line.
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone who has had exposure to Sophos Email security solutions and wishes to increase their technical understanding of the security and compliance controls included in the latest release.
Understand the current email threat landscape and how a multi-layered security approach can combat the techniques used by spammers to compromise your environment.
Understand the motivation and evolution of the email threat, from phishing scams, to data theft and the role spam plays as a malware transport mechanism.
- Installation of the Sophos Email Appliance as the first line of defence
- Advanced Spam detection & management
- Perimeter protection
- Data Leakage
- Recipient Validation & connection level blocking
- Advanced MTA options
- The virtualisation and clustering of Appliances
- Self monitoring features (Heart Beat monitoring by Sophos Support)
- Securing your data using email encryption
Implementation of Sophos Pure Message for Microsoft Exchange
- Internal Mail scanning options (content filtering)
- Recipient validation with Microsoft Active Directory
- The importance of a multi-layered Email security solution and store level scanning
- Quarantine considerations and End User self management
- Advanced reporting features
- Advanced configuration (Microsoft Exchange and SQL Clustering)