This hands-on workshop provides high level technical understanding of Sophos Enduser Protection products. Learn about the components, how they are deployed across a network, and focus on system configuration, troubleshooting and best practice.
This course is designed for anyone who has had exposure to Sophos Enduser Protection and wishes to increase their technical understanding of the product to a high level.
This hands-on course equips students with knowledge of the component parts of Enduser Protection. It explores best practice for network deployment, focusing on system configuration and troubleshooting. Note: This course is focused on running Sophos Enduser Protection on a Windows network.
Sophos Enduser Protection
Sophos Enduser Protection features Sophos Anti-Virus, Sophos Client Firewall, web security, web filtering, application control, device control, patch assessment and Full-disk encryption - all of which are managed from Enterprise Console.
Sophos Anti-Virus provides complex networks with rapid, integrated protection against known and unknown malware and against threats to productivity such as adware and other potentially unwanted applications. It can be centrally installed, configured and monitored across the network, and is updated automatically with the latest protection from SophosLabs™.
- Deployment of Sophos Enterprise Console
- Deployment of Sophos Anti-Virus across a Windows network
- Advanced administration tasks within Sophos Anti-Virus and Enterprise Console
- Application control, device control, patch assessment, web filtering, full-disk encryption and effectively managing threats and potentially unwanted applications (PUAs)
- General troubleshooting
- Dealing with a virus outbreak
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Install the product in a complex environment
- Prepare recommendations around deployment and best practice in a complex environment
- Resolve issues of medium to moderate complexity
- Identify reasoning behind platform requirements and how to overcome shortfalls in infrastructure
- Describe all significant features of the product, including 'power user/admin features'
- Perform detailed ad-hoc customisation to meet requirements
- Identify how to best capture information on complex problems, communicate effectively for resolution and manage the resolution path