Up2Date 7.509 Released
A few security vulnerabilities have been posted which require us to make an update to our V7 installations. Since we do not put our users at extended risk by following a scheduled update window, we are releasing this special Up2Date immediately. This V7.509 Up2date is soley issued in order to patch two components, and no new features are introduced. If you have been awaiting the release of ASG V7.509 so that you may migrate to V8.100 on your ASG appliance via our one-touch process, note that this is still on schedule but will be released under the V7.510 label. For some more dates around the GA release of V8.100 and the subsequent 7.510 click on "Read More".
Currently V8.100 is in soft-release, we plan to issue the GA Up2Date push on approximately January 11th. Following that, we'll soft-release the 7.510 Up2Date during the week of January 20th. This will then provide all qualifying ASG appliances with a one-touch upgrade to V8.100.
UpDate 7.509 Details
This Up2Date should be applied as soon as possible. Note that in most cases you do not need to manually download this, as the Up2Date will be pushed over our distribution system. The ASG Soft-Release process is not used for Up2Dates which are for security patching, for obvious reasons.
- Configuration will not be upgraded
- System will be rebooted
- Address exim vulnerability
- Address clam vulnerability
- [ID15938] - Issue when using RED with QoS
Manual Link: ftp://ftp.astaro.de/Astaro_Security_Gateway/v7/up2date/u2d-sys-7.509.tgz.gpg
Size: 42.14 MB (44,182,585 Bytes)
Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Astaro Security Gateway to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the "Watch Up2Date Progress in new window" and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
Astaro ASG Up2Date Download Mirrors:
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using (e.g. "[8.100] Astaro Wireless AP30 Question").
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com.
- There is also a demo server for public use: http://demo.astaro.com
Astaro Product Manager