An error similar to the following is displayed during installation of PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange:
Error Code 1 was returned when running 'c:\doc and sttz\admin\local settings\temp\1\bootstrap.exe' install exe 'c:\pmex_30\resources\sav\'
First seen in
PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange 3.0.0
Windows 2003 SBS SP2
Exchange 2003 SP2
What To Do
The path displayed in the error message may vary according to the reason for the problem. The error may have one of several causes, including:
- The presence of another anti-virus product on the system.
- Check to see if another anti-virus product is installed.
- If it is, go to Add/Remove programs and remove it.
See also the Knowledgebase article Installing more than one type of anti-virus software on the same computer.
- Failure to uninstall an earlier version of Sophos Anti-Virus before installing the current product.
- Go to Add/Remove programs and remove the earlier version Sophos Anti-Virus. However, you may receive a further error message
The feature you are using is on a network resource that is unavailable.
Once you have completed the above, reinstall PureMessage.