Known to apply to the following Sophos products and versions
Sophos Mobile Control
Ports for external to internal communications:
- Port 443 (HTTPS) to connect your mobile devices to the Sophos Mobile Control (SMC) server. This port is also used to connect to the webinterface.
- Port 80 is re-routed to port 443 and needs to be accessible.
Ports for internal communications:
- Port 80 / 443 (HTTP / HTTPS) is used to connect to your internal exchange / traveler server or the Blackberry Enterprise Server.
- Port 389 / 636 (LDAP / LDAPS) is required to use your internal LDAP-Server.
- Port 25 (SMTP) for sending alarm emails from your Sophos Mobile Control Server.
Ports for internal to external communications
Ports for device communication
- Port 443 (HTTPS) in order to connect to the external SMC Service Center (services.sophosmc.com), the GCM servers (android.googleapis.com, gcm-http.googleapis.com), Apple Servers (itunes.apple.com, deviceservices-external.apple.com) and Windows Push Notification Servers (login.live.com, db3.notify.windows.com)
- Port 2195 for the connection to the Apple Push Notification (APN) Service (gateway.push.apple.com)
- Port 2196 used by the APNs feedback service
Please note: Apple recommends you enable communication to the whole 17.*.*.* network.
- Port 443 (HTTPS) in order to connect to the SMC-Server and the MPNS (Microsoft Push Notification Service)
- Port 5228, 5229 and 5230 (C2DM or GCM) for the devices to contact the Google Servers
- Port 5223 (APNS) for the devices to contact the Apple Servers