Brooklands College experienced a Conficker outbreak that resulted in every single machine becoming infected. When its existing antivirus could not solve the problem, Brooklands called on Sophos to clean up its network and prevent further outbreaks. Télécharger maintenant
“The best side-effect was that network performance improved dramatically because older machines weren’t slowed down by Sophos’ low memory requirements.”
Peter Dietsch, Senior Support Engineer, Brooklands College
- Their Conficker outbreak was so bad that every single machine on the network—2,556 computers in total—were infected.
- This lead to security concerns and a massive increase in network traffic.
- Their previous solution couldn’t permanently remove Conficker from their network. The vendor estimated 4 months work to resolve the issue.
- Sophos Endpoint Protection was rolled out across the entire network.
- It was a simple migration process with the first 1,000 machines being switched to Sophos in less than four days.
- Removing Conficker enabled the school to function normally again.
- The huge burden on the IT team was significantly reduced.
- Network performance improved dramatically because older machines weren’t slowed down by Sophos’ low memory requirements.